- This event has passed.
VESS Thinking Week
November 8, 2021 - November 13, 2021
The central theme of the VII Athenaeum is: “What does it mean to be human today?” Through this theme, we seek to discuss ideas about how we can focus our work as educators towards achieving human potential. We are interested in topics that explore attaining knowledge of ourselves and others, personal and social empowerment, and strategies that help us and those in our community to lead meaningful lives, with balance and wisdom. From this theme, we have derived five specific topics you can expand on:
- Mental health: Mental health plays a leading role in the holistic perspective of VESS. Workshops and lectures exploring this topic will expand on strategies and ideas to achieve an integral approach towards mental balance and health.
- Measuring impact on cultural transformation: This topic centers on the presentation of tools and strategies, developed within VESS Centers, that help measure and observe the impact (at any level) of the process of cultural transformation within individuals, the institution, and the community.
- Leadership: These presentations focus on the different types of leadership and on specific experiences with leadership. We hope to discuss the impact of leadership on the process of educational transformation towards the education of human beings in today’s world.
- Social innovation: Presentations focused on how autonomy, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship can solve social challenges in education, in order to generate value and contribute to the community through transference and significance.
- Citizenship: Presentations related to the construction and development of autonomy, ethics and wisdom as they relate to others and the environment.
Discover more about VESS Thinking Week here: https://semanavess.com/